About Me

When confronted with a messy house, normal people think "I ought to clean this place up." Not me. I think, "I have to get out of here." I’m constantly scheming about travel and my next vacation, and sometimes I write about my trips for The Hartford Courant. I’m a former online editor for courant.com.

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share

7 thoughts on “About Me

1. Chava

You Are Great!!!
    I work overnights, and as I am considering dating an airline pilot, I decided to search for some airline “stuff” online, and that’s how I found your blog.
    I laughed a lot, and had no problem staying awake.
    Thanks,
    Chava

2. John & Jan

You are a great writer. Your “husband’s” not bad either.
    Don’t know yet about “the kid”.
    And, have no idea how you have any time to make raspberry jam….best ever tasted.
    Loved “Stange questions”…J&J

3. John & Jan

You are a great writer. Your “husband’s” not bad either.
    Don’t know yet about “the kid”.
    Loved “Stange questions”…J&J

4. John & Jan

You are a great writer. Your “husband’s” not bad either.
    Don’t know yet about “the kid”.
    Loved “Stange questions”…J&J

5. John & Jan

You are a great writer. Your “husband’s” not bad either.
    Don’t know yet about “the kid”.
    Loved “Stange questions”…J&J

6. Tony

The airlines are out of control. For a short period while in bancruptcy Delta was nice on the phone making reservations etc. now they started again being rude and many of them are trained enough even they tell me they have been with Dekta for 11 years. Alot of times they do not know what are they talking about. Being a Platinum with Delta for over 15 years I have learned and I know more than these agents do, Especially INtenrational reservations. They think intenrnational is Cancun andAruba. The same attitude was empolyed by Leo Mullin CEO that drove Delta into bancruptsy and alianated all the medallion members. While in Bancruptsy they tried to lure members back by making upgrades easy but they did not succeed. And the arrogance continues. I had a agent telling that now they are looking how not to upgrade because they want to earn a lot of revenue. They forget that we the frequent fliers keep them afloat. Besides is a law by the DOT that they have to alocate so many seats for award travel. Many times they block them to show unavailalbe- they call it revenue control and other times make SKYCHOICE requiring double milage for award travel etc. wheere in fact they are not sold or awarded. Why are the seats available for double amount of milage but not for regualar award. Does that make bsuiness sense oro grid!